What is Fear Free?
Hutchinson Pet Hospital practices Fear Free veterinary medicine, meaning we take extra precautions to ease the stress, fear, and anxiety so many pets experience while at the veterinarian.
Many of our team members have completed the training and certification program that helps veterinarians and veterinary staff modify their procedures, handling, and facilities to help pets feel safe and comfortable while receiving the medical care they need.
The Fear Free Certification Program was developed by board-certified veterinary behaviorists, veterinary technician behavior specialists, board-certified veterinary anesthetists, well-known veterinary practice management experts, and board-certified veterinary practitioners experienced in Fear Free methods. To become certified, veterinarians and veterinary staff are required to complete a comprehensive, 8-part educational course and exam. They also have to take continuing education to remain certified.
For more information about the Fear Free Initiative, visit the Fear Free pets website or speak to one of our team members. If you have a nervous pet or one with specific needs, be sure to download and fill out the Fear Free Pre-Visit Questionnaire before your visit, then book your pet’s Fear Free exam here today!
Fear Free Resources For Pet Owners
- How to Make the Trip to the Veterinary Hospital Fear Free
- How to Prepare Your Pet for a Veterinary Visit
- How to Pill Your Pet With Kindness
- Giving Medications to Your Pet: How to Put the Treat Into Treatment
- 10 Things That Make Fear Free Veterinary Visits Different
- 10 Things Your Veterinary Team Should Know About Your Pet
- How to Manage a Fear Free Return Home
- Muzzle Training Education
- A Fulfilled Dog is a Happy Dog
- Training Session Length
- The Dangers of “Training” Collars